Sunday, October 25, 2009

You win some...

Yesterday Blaine played in State Cup, the championship game.  It was a battle to say the least.  La Roca played Aresonal, a team they have played many times.  This particular team always give us a run for our money, and in the end it is a split... 50/50.  They win some, we win some.  Yesterday they won.  (insert cuss word here!).  They game was amazing.  The experience of going to state cup for the first year was amazing.  But the most amazing thing was watching my son.  He went to bed the night before nervous, that morning he was again nervous,  but he went out on the field and played an amazing game of soccer (as did the rest of his team).  After the game and some real dissapointment in not winning the championship game, he turned to me and said I guess we will have to beat them next year, and took his 2nd place medal with pride.  I love you son... and I learn from you every day!  Great Job this season, I have loved watching every minute of it! 

2 comments:

Tracy Rushton said...

I wish we could have been there. What an amazing kid you've got there; and not just on the field either!

Kristen said...

Hey Carla. Cute blog. You are such a great soccer mom!